Many of us want to believe that we lead a very organized life. And yet, there are many times when we let things accumulate in our houses and rooms: sometimes we have a penchant for collecting items, or we may be keeping things because of their sentimental value. However, this impulse; if left unchecked, may lead to Hoarding. It is a type of disorder characterized by difficulty in discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. Though it may seem harmless enough; excessive hoarding may lead to health risks and dangers. Here are some of them:
- Mold Spores and Toxins may start to grow under accumulated items, causing breathing problems; as well as serious allergies and infections.
- Piles of accumulated items may promote bug and pest infestation. Vermin may bite and infect the people living in cluttered areas, and they can spread a host of diseases and bacteria such as coli and Salmonella.
- Piles of items may fall on the people living in cluttered areas or become tripping hazards; both of which may cause serious injuries, particularly to the elderly.
- Cluttered items may block ventilation shafts and air passages around the area or room and raise carbon dioxide levels while lowering oxygen levels.
- Cluttered items such as wood or paper may become potential fire hazards when temperatures rise; or when exposed to sparks or fire,
- Hoarding also causes psychological problems like stress and anxiety.
Pro Services can help you clean up your act and stay away from danger with our Hoarding Cleanup Services. We can sort and clean your mess for you and treat you with empathy and respect. We will work with you to help you live in a clean and healthy environment so you can live a much better life. We can also provide Fire Restoration, Water Damage Restoration, Mold Remediation, Remodeling and Construction; as well as Cleaning and Janitorial Services. Give us a call at 877-233-4793, or contact us online for service requests and for more information.